Oct 8, 2017

Boxes


Tomorrow I'll begin telling stories of my childhood.  

A lot of these stories are stories that I've heard or fragmented memories.

I describe those memories as "Boxes."

A few weeks before my sister died, I went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert.  At some point after that concert, I got their newest album.  There was one song on the album called "Boxes."

"We'll have tiny boxes for memories
Open them up and we'll set them free
There'll be bad days and some hard times
But I'll keep your secrets, if you keep mine."

During the first weeks of mourning, I would play this song over and over and just cry.  


I can't remember all the memories from my childhood.  Some of the reason is because of my age.  It's also because my mind closed off some of those bad memories.  Although I can't remember all of what happened, there are a few memories from when I was nine that haunt my mind.

During the next blog posts, we are going to open up some of those boxes of memories.  It's going to be a tough read.

Please be gentle when you read those blog posts.

Traci



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...