Oct 1, 2017

Introduction



My Write 31 2017 theme is going to be difficult for me.  

It's going to put me in a vulnerable state.

Please be kind while you are reading the words of my life.  The cross I've had to bear.

It's finally time for me to share this cross.

Twenty years ago, I  spoke about this cross at one of my college classes.  The professor sat me down and asked me not to talk about it anymore because people don't know how to talk to me after finding about my cross that I carry.  How do you talk to me?  As a normal person because that is what I am.  A normal person.

Last year, I asked Why?!? after my sister died suddenly.  I think I figured out some of the answers to my question Why?!?

I believe God wants me to share my adversities and the fact that I overcome them.  

This is me.  I'm a survivor of childhood abuse.  

Or as Mandisa says 
"You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer"

I had overcome the abuse.

Join me on this journey but be kind.  Only kind words will be accepted.  


This is me!


2 comments:

  1. Well done for sharing your story! I have a similar story and I know how much courage it takes to write about it and put it out there. I'm so sorry you experienced such an awful reaction from your professor when you talked about it before- as if we are not normal people! Praying for you and cheering you on as you share!

    ReplyDelete

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...