Sep 27, 2019

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me.

As I said in the previous post, we made the big move from eastern Pennsylvania to the Pittsburgh area. Where we lived was not on the bus line so it was difficult for us to get around. We would have to walk from one place to another.

I have this one memory that is like a ghost. I can barely see it in my mind's eye but I know it's there.

We walked to the store to get something. Who knows what it was and I ended up with a piece of gum.

I decided I needed to blow a  Well, Father was not going to teach me the appropriate way to blow a bubble.

My little impatient self was not going to wait on someone to really teach me if my Father was not going to teach me. So what did I do, I would stretch out the piece of gum manually and then put it up to my lips. Then I would blow on it. I don't know how effective that method really was for blowing a bubble.

It's just a memory that I can laugh about now that I'm older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...