Sep 25, 2019

Our big move

Around the age of 7, we moved once again. This time to the Pittsburgh area because we would have family living close to us. 

My mom had hoped my grandparents would be willing to help with driving us around because we didn't have a car.

That didn't happen. Where we ended up living was not on a bus line so we could only walk to places. With a 7-year-old and a 4 or 5-year-old, can you imagine how difficult getting around? Add a blind person to the mix and then you have a lot of issues with the lack of transportation.

I just wish I could remember the name of the area of Pittsburgh we lived in at that time. I've mapped it out before and all I know is it was in the southern part.

A lot of my memories truly began during this time. I've blacked out a lot of the abuse. That's how my brain works. The actual memory is not there but the flight, freeze or fear aspects are still ingrained in my subconscious.  Do I ever want to release the memories? No, let them stay there. I probably felt fear and terror during those times.

I'll be diving into those memories during the next few blog posts.

Then we'll move to our final home in the Pittsburgh area. A place that still reminds me of the horrors I endured during the few years we lived there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...