Oct 5, 2017

The birth of Moi`


I born in May of 1975.

I've got to backtrack though to my mother's seventh month of pregnancy.  

Her only living brother was killed in a work accident.  She and I, in utero, traveled from eastern Pennsylvania to western Ohio via an airplane.  Uncle Bob was buried on my grandma's 47th birthday.  From what I've been told, it really tore my grandma up.

My original due date was suppose to be in late April.  I decided to be born 2 weeks later than expected.

Here are some facts that I know about my birth.

  1. I was born in the same county of Hershey, PA hence my love of chocolate.
  2. It was a Thursday.
  3. One of the nurses was scheduled off at 3 pm but decided to stay until I was born.  I was born at 3:05.
  4. The Sunday after my birth was Mother's Day.
  5. My father announced at the church that I had been born.
  6. I was baptized soon after my birth by my paternal grandpa.
  7. If I was a boy, I would have been named Matthew.





Tomorrow I'll share some more photos of me from when I was about a year old.  Then the day after that I'll share my sister's birth.

My life until I was about 3 years old was not too bad.  We didn't have a lot of money but I was loved. Something changed when I was 3.  

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...