Oct 9, 2017

And So It Began . . .


Since I was so young, I can't remember when the actual abuse began.  All I know is that it was somewhere between the ages of 3 and 5.

I spent the summer of being 3 with my grandparents in Ohio.  I don't remember much about the trip.  I've seen photos though.  In those photos, I was a joyful child. 
My grandpa, my great uncle, and myself at about 3 years old


Then it was back to Pennsylvania.  From what I've been told, my father lost his job.  His anger took over.  My stubborn but joyful self was an obstacle he did not like.

It may have been because I had been naughty.  It was the norm for children to be spanked in the late 70's and early 80's.  Okay not the norm but it was common.

Instead of a switch, he used his belt on my butt.  However since he could not see, he ended up hitting my lower back.  I was left with bruises.  

To this day, I don't like people to smack my butt.  It bothers me.

I have back issues.  I don't know if it was because of him smacking me.

Traci





No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...