Oct 11, 2017

I went to the Poconos?!? / Manhole

Today I'm going to share two stories.  I only know bits and pieces of these stories.  

Both involve one of mom's friends from college.  Pete helped her out in the one of the stories.  In the other story, Pete took her, my sister, and I on a trip.

One of the stories Mom has told me is about the time my father was at disability camp or training.  I don't really know which one he was at.

Anyway Pete decided to take us to the Poconos.  So he came and picked us up and took us there for a guess a weekend.

Father did not know we were going.  The only person or people who knew were my Ohio grandparents.  

I don't know what we did there.  All I can do is tell people that I have been to the Poconos.

The other story Mom has told me is about my father walking around without his cane.  The town we lived in was doing construction and had manhole open.  

Father was suppose to use a cane when he was walking around.  However he decided not to use the cane.

Open manhole, blind man without a cane - What do you think happened?  Yep, he fell in the manhole and broke his leg.

Pete came up from Virginia to help because Mom had to deal with two toddlers and a man child with a broken leg.

Until next time,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...