Oct 7, 2017

I'm no longer an only child

On a Sunday afternoon in September 1977, my life changed FOREVER.  My sister was born.  I was no longer an only child.  

There are so many holes in the story of her birth.  The biggest hole in the story is where was I while she was being born.  I've decided that at 28 months old I helped bring her into the world. 🤣

Here is what I know about her birth:


  1. My mom went to church that morning.  She did not realize she was in labor.  Tanya was born on the toilet in a hotel room.
  2. My paternal grandparents were visiting us.  My paternal grandma called 911.  There was an accident somewhere close by so the operator had to tell her how to aid in the birth.
  3. My father had begun to walk home from the hotel.  My paternal grandpa had to go find him to let him know that Tanya was about to be born.
  4. I've heard that Tanya was born early but I cannot confirm that.
Here are some photos of Tanya as a baby.






On Monday, I'll start with the story of when my life changed for the worse.

Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...