Dec 30, 2017

Just say no to white shirts with ironed on letters

Sometimes you have to wonder what you were thinking when you look back to the outfits you wore so many years ago.

While I was in Pittsburgh over Labor Day weekend, I found a photo of me wearing a shirt that made me say Why?  Mine you I was only 6 in the photo so I had no choice in the attire I was wearing.

No, the why?!? was directed towards my mom.  She had decided to make white t-shirts with iron letters.  Each shirt had the family member's name on the shirt.  The only one who avoided what I call the shirt incident was my cousin because she was only about 6 months when my mom made the shirts.

So what was the reason for those shirts?  We had a family reunion in Lancaster, Pennsylvania since my aunt who at that time lived in California was in Pennsylvania.  My mom did not have much money so she created the shirts with the little bit of money she did have at that time.  The style though screams early 1980s.

I can only remember going to Hershey Park while they were in town.  During that reunion, I rode the Super Dooper Looper, my first roller coaster.  
That hair of mine - Did I take a weed wacker to it?
Me this past July riding that roller coaster - I even helped a little girl conquer her fear of riding the ride.

Traci




No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...