Sep 23, 2019

The First Time I was in Foster Care

By the time I was five, we were living in Annville, PA which was in the same county as Hershey.

In 1980, I began kindergarten in the Annville-Cleona School District.  My kindergarten teacher was Ms. Lemon.

Since I was so young, I don't know much about that time in my life.

I have the briefest of flashes of memories. Whether they are real memories or just made up of figments of my imagination, I'll never know.

For some reason, I have this vision of a movie theater in my mind. However, the first real movie I can recall seeing was E.T. so I don't know if my memory is a true memory or a combination of separate memories that formed a new one.

I remember a boy named Wesley. It may have been the foster mother's son or it was another boy who was in foster care.

Then there was the chickenpox incident. From what I have been told, I had chickenpox while I was really young. However, I think I had it during the time I was in foster care.

My mom told me that even though they didn't have money during the time we were in foster care, she spent money to see John Denver in concert. She now regrets it because she should have been saving money.

Tanya and I in foster care
I don't know when we got out of foster care. Soon we were back in the hands of the man who caused me great pain.

Our lives were going to be in turmoil once again. Join me next time as I continue this journey of telling my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Bubbles with Gum

How did you learn to blow bubbles with gum? Me, well it was not the traditional way or at least that is what my memories are telling me. ...